This picture is of us on our way to church. In those days, we had two hours in the morning, then went home, and came back in the evening for sacrament meeting. Long day! Especially since we lived 30 minutes from the church. L2R, Ron, mom, Kenny, me, poodle "Lovie", Greg, Steve.
Christmas morning. We got up early. See the sun barely coming up? Soon, we had to go do the chores at the animal clinic,
Me playing the piano. I took lessons for a couple of years, reluctantly, before I discovered basketball and girls.
Mom's hair has not changed since 1965. I miss Kenny.
Christmas eve. Notice our stockings are hung, and not your fancy once-a-year stockings. The REALLY long white one is Steve's -- he thought he would get a big haul of candy if he stretched it. Instead, the next morning, he got a baseball bat!
Greg's birthday, dec 30, 1965.
Me and Ron playing army. We were always playing army. At some point it usually involved chucking grenades (dirt clods), which are plentiful and sandy in the desert. Notice here, I have the gun, and poor Ron just has a stick. Those helmuts were WWII surplus, left behind byt he previous home owners. We thought we were so cool.



2 comments:
these are great! i love seeing pictures of you guys back then.
awesome batman costume!
I love seeing pictures of you growing up! Those helmets are pretty cool!
Post a Comment