Sunday, August 14, 2011

Curtis 1976

Here are more old photos that I have been downloading from flickr.com or scanning... These are fun for me to look at, hopefully fun for you, too... First a couple of graduation pics. Geez, I look so young. I had my life ahead of me...

Kevan likes to point out how long my hair was...

In August of 1976, after my summer term, we went to Colorado, including an overnight horse back trip up on Wolf Creek Pass. We started at Lobo Overlook. Very fun trip. We went to Dad's old sheet camp (big alpine pasture), and he told us many stories.

After the stay in Colorado, I drove the motorhome cross-country, just me and Kenny. It felt like a big adventure to me.

Dad in front of his Manassa, Colorado boyhood home.

Before my parents dropped me off at BYU, we stopped to see Steve and Val, who were living in Provo, while Steve attended BYU. Val had already graduated. I was SO anxious to get started on my BYU adventure!
Deseret Towers, where I live Summer and Fall of 1976, before my mission
Posing with my PSHS Indians basketball uniform, and my dad. I was very proud to be a member of that team. We went on to finish 2nd in state, lost by one point. My parents were always very supportive of me, attended every home game, whether or not I played.




All of us in Colorado, at Grandpa and Grandma Guymon's place, the morning I drove to California. Hence, the jammies.

Setting up camp near Wolf Creek Pass. This was, officially, the longest hair I ever had.

Some time in about 1976

I really like this picture us Jackson boys.

We often played cards or board games. That's Ron, not me, by the way.


2 comments:

Dani said...

Nice shorts dad! You pull them off with those skinny legs! Loved this post.

Elisse Carma said...

I love these! You look so different without glasses.